Friday, March 16, 2012

Baby Steps, or Dress the Closet Door


Well, I still can't really get dressed and go out (still sickly, boo hoo), but I sure do know a closet door that can! ok, not the going out part.


So this is the outfit I wore to the Texas Style Council Poshmarkapp Party.  Save the sequinned bag (that flashy bundle peeking out from under the dress) and the necklace, every last stitch of it came from Target clearance, alas (the bag was old-Old Navy, and the necklace is of mystery aka forgotten origin.).  I have mixed feelings about the shoe line that Converse does for/in collaboration with Target.  Their starting cost is not much less (and often higher) than regular Chuck Taylors are at, say, Marshalls or TJ Maxx, and they seem to run wider and flatter than regular Converse.  These are the type that do not come with laces, or the option of adding laces due to how the tongue is sewn in place.  That all said, they were covered in pink sequins and they cost $11.  That drove me to need them for the TxSC party.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Being in my style blogging infancy, I was very appreciative of all of the TxSC sponsors and partners who reached out to everyone in attendance, in addition to the sponsorship they provided to the established blogger-speakers.   francesca's collections was among these kind businesses, and came to the Posh Party armed with treats to give to TxSC attendees who follow them on twitter and took part in a little game they had. I did not explore the little gift bag the francesca's rep handed me until I got home, when I was so excited to find that it contained this awesome chevron print wrap.  I have been wanting to try out a basic chevron  print (as opposed to a wild Missoni-for-Target chevron, which also has its charms) for a few months now, but I had not found a piece that I really liked.  I love this wrap because it includes deep orange/rust (a color I love) and black.  I always want to pair rust with other fall-type colors, like mustard, maroon, brown, and olive green, but this wrap will help me expand beyond that I think.  Also, the wrap is lighter weight than any of my other wraps or cardigans, which will make it much more wearable in Austin.
I tried out dressing the closet door in the wrap with the dress I wore to the Posh Party.  Yes!  Now I can wear this dress (which I love and is very comfortable) not only for fancy going-out doings, but also for, say, teaching. 


                                     

1 comment:

  1. How did I miss the Francesca table? I love the chevron pattern...such a cool wrap. Can't wait to see another post :)

    xo erica

    ReplyDelete